This is a quick and easy veggie option that my little boy loves. This recipe includes very little seasoning, but could easily take some seasoning in the beans if you feel more adventurous. Similarly, I like a jar of salsa for the convenience, but if you prefer more foods from scratch you could whip up some homemade salsa or guacamole rather easily or just use freshly chopped tomatoes instead.
8 flour tortillas
2 x 400g black beans in water, drained
Salsa and soured cream to serve (optional)
1. Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Keep it dry – you don’t need any oil or butter.
2. On a plate, prepare two tortillas by spooning a couple spoonfuls of black beans and sprinkle some of the grated cheddar on half of each tortilla, then fold over. You should have two half-moon tortillas with beans and cheese inside.
3. Place each tortilla in the pan. While these are browning, you can prepare the next two tortillas.
4. After a couple of minutes, flip both tortillas to brown the other side. Cheese should be melting inside.
5. Remove tortillas to another plate and repeat until you’ve cooked of your quesadillas.
6. Use a knife or pizza cutter to cut each tortilla into three triangular slices.